How to get here:Online 07507643145
Dementia affects around 820,000 people in the UK. This figure is likely to rise to one million by 2025 and two million by 2051. It is one of the main causes of disability in later life and with research being desperately underfunded, it costs the UK over £26 billion a year. Understanding dementia and the person-centred care that is required is fundamental to high quality care.
- Achieve a nationally recognised Level 2 qualification
- Improve your understanding of the various forms of dementia and the importance of being respectful at all times
- Further your personal and professional development
What you will learn:
- Dementia Awareness
- The Person-Centred Approach to the Care and Support of Individuals with Dementia
- Understand the Factors That Can Influence Communication and Interaction with Individuals who have Dementia
- Understand Equality, Diversity and Inclusion in Dementia Care
- Understand the Administration of Medication to Individuals with Dementia Using a Person-Centred Approach
- Understand Behaviour in the Context of Dementia
- Understand the Benefits of Engaging in Activities in Social Care
Start Date: 27/06/2022. End date: 01/07/2022.