How to get here:Pencric
(if using Sat Nav ST19 5HL) 07507643145
Power to Change is a 7 week programme starting on Tuesday 21st January 2020, 9.30am-12.30pm at Pencric in Penkridge. The 7 week course is delivered by Staffordshire Women’s Aid and is a female-only course building self-esteem. Participants will be required to attend all 7 weeks sessions which will finish on Tuesday 10th March 2020.
The Power to Change programme centres primarily on building self-esteem, confidence and self-determination. It focuses on general issues of self-worth, assertiveness and rights, and the difficulties many women face in feeling entitled to them. This programme will provide women with increased confidence, and help them to develop the skills needed to confront the challenges which often prevent them from taking up training and employment through encouraging positive aspirations.
- Understanding Self Esteem
- Body Image
- Gender Stereotyping and social norms
- Needs within a relationship
- Emotions: anger, guilt, grief and fear
- Endings and new beginnings
Please note – This programme is open to all women signed-up to Building Better Opportunities, you do not need to have experienced domestic violence or sexual abuse to attend.
The sessions will take place on the following dates:
- Tuesday 21st January, 9.30am – 12.30pm
- Tuesday 28th January, 9.30am – 12.30pm
- Tuesday 4th February, 9.30am – 12.30pm
- Tuesday 11th February, 9.30am – 12.30pm
- Tuesday 25th February, 9.30am – 12.30pm
- Tuesday 3rd March, 9.30am – 12.30pm
- Tuesday 10th March, 9.30am – 12.30pm
Click the green button below to book and a member of our team will be in touch to confirm your booking.