How to get here:Upper Moreton Farm
Part of the sessions of the course are on the farm and part are based online. 07507643145
Would you like to improve your self-confidence, connect with others, and learn new skills with our new free course which is partly based at the farm and partly at home online through your phone or laptop.
The course can also be offered fully remotely as long as person has access to phone and internet.
Course starts 9th November 2020 for six sessions with other courses to follow on.
- Monday 9th November
- Monday 16th November
- Monday 23rd November
- Monday 30th November
- Monday 7th December
- Monday 14th December
Available to people 19 years + living in Stafford and Cannock Chase and surrounding areas, including those with low self-esteem, mental wellbeing issues, a learning difficulty or physical disability.
Part activities at the farm and part activities delivered to your home. We give you full one to one support and guidance throughout your course.
• Learn about looking after animals – The Five Animal Needs
• Make a woodwork item for your home or garden
• Nature’s Calendar – take notice of the changing seasons
• What are the Five Ways to Wellbeing?
• Healthy Eating and Cooking – recipes to try at home
• Seasonal polytunnel gardening
• Willow weaving – learn how to willow weave
• Growing plants for your home and learn how to do container gardening
• Learn about wildlife and the countryside around us in the autumn
• Garlands and wreath making for the festive season
• Learn how to use Facebook/Zoom to connect with others, share ideas and stories
Courses are funded by Staffordshire County Council. You must be willing to commit to 27 hours of learning for this course. You will need access to a mobile phone, preferably access to a computer/laptop and internet connection.