How to get here:South Staffordshire College (Cannock Campus)
WS11 1UE 07507643145
What will I do on the course?
Taster courses are designed to give a flavour of the subject and an indication of what will be covered on the subsequent course. It provides an opportunity for students to sample the subject before embarking on the full course, also providing an opportunity to meet the course tutor.
You will be shown Sewing Basics –
- Basic sewing techniques by hand and machine.
- Finding your way around a sewing machine.
- Different types of sewing needles, machine needles and different types of threads and their purposes.
- Good sewing equipment to have
- Taking body measurements confidently, to use with pattern making and dressmaking.
- Observe tutor demonstrate pattern making – Make own pattern for a basic design cushion cover.
The course is delivered by South Staffordshire College at their Cannock Campus.