How to get here:Cannock Campus
Are you 19+ and interested in working within the care sector?
This course will cover the basics of working in care to help
support you to begin your career in health and social care.
The course will cover:
- What is a health and social care worker
- The importance of PPE
- Regulations such as Health and Safety at Work Act and Control of Substances Hazardous to Health
- Handling fluids, chemicals and medicines
- Care plans and MAR charts (Medical Administration Record)
- The importance of documenting, recording and reporting
- Person centred care and values
We will also touch on the Mental Capacity Act, safeguarding practices, dignity of individuals, what is abuse, identifying wounds, side effects of medicines, diabetic episode, behavioural episode, autism and side effects, and what is Dementia.
This course will run for 4 weeks, 2.5 hours per week.
Friday 3rd March – Friday 24th March 2023