How to get here:Upper Moreton Farm
ST18 0XD 07507643145
Would you like to improve your self-confidence, connect with others and learn new skills with our new ‘blended’ learning courses?
The first course starts on Monday 2nd August 2021 for six sessions to Monday 13th September – three sessions at Upper Moreton Farm and three activities to take home. Alternatively, you can opt to have activities sent to your home (remote learning).
Available to people 19 years + living in Stafford and Cannock Chase and surrounding areas, for individuals with low self-esteem, mental wellbeing issues, a learning difficulty or physical disability.
No prior knowledge or qualifications required.
You must be willing to commit to 27 hours of learning/participation. We will encourage you to complete a Learner Journal. Support is available if required. You will need access to a mobile phone, preferably access to a computer/laptop and an internet connection if you chose to do your course entirely from your home.
Below are just a few activities you will be doing on your course:
• Animal care – pet and farm animal welfare
• Seasonal gardening – wildflower gardening and practical gardening skills
• Outdoor camp cooking
• Learning about wild foods and foraging
• Working with nature in an environmentally friendly way – ways to help wildlife
• Healthy eating and cooking – easy to follow recipes on a minimum budget
• Creativity – willow craft, woodworking, upcycling and floristry
• The Five Ways to Wellbeing and Mindfulness – ways to help your mental wellbeing
• Nature walks and the countryside
• How to make the best from digital learning – Zoom, Facebook and Padlet (if solely remote learning)